Partnering with awesome marketers and making great things happen for their brands is easily the best part of our work week. In this series, we're asking a few questions to help the whole Calibrate family get to know each other better.
This month, let’s meet lovely Calibrate client Emma Mearns. Emma is the Digital Marketing Manager at Brittain Wynyard New Zealand, distributors for major brands like ASICS, Timberland, and Birkenstock. You can check out their case study here and read on if, like us, you really just want to know if she gets free shoes.
1. What are the best things about your job?
Working for a distributor I get to work across a number of brands and different projects, I like the variety. It’s a relatively small team so I get involved across different areas of the business from planning to strategy to supporting the team with activations at events like Auckland Marathon. And I can wear sneakers to work every day!
2. What attributes do you look for in an agency when outsourcing work?
- Proven expertise and capacity to deliver ROI
- An understanding of our business challenges and opportunities
- People who are pleasant and proactive (ie. help get sh*t done)
3. How do you like to spend your weekends after a week of work?
Often it starts with a beer with the work team on Friday then I try and spend a bit of time with family and friends, maybe for meal out or a music gig. I try to fit a run or a gym session in there somewhere so I can (try to) keep up with the sports nuts I work with.
4. Final question; we can’t help wondering if you are living our dream and getting free shoes?
Yes, I’m lucky to have a pretty good stash of sneakers and gym gear.
We love working closely with our clients to really get under the skin of their business and fully understand their objectives, their pain points and constraints. Get in touch today and let us help you achieve your digital goals.